top of page

Deceased Estates, Claims and Disputes

Estate Administration


When someone passes away it is necessary to deal with the complex task of collecting and distributing the assets from a deceased person’s estate.

If a person left a will appointing an executor, then it may be necessary to obtain a Grant of Probate from the Supreme Court to deal with certain assets.

If a person passed away without a will, that is, intestate, their estate will be distributed pursuant to the intestacy provisions contained in the Succession Act 1981 (Qld) and it will be necessary to obtain Letters of Administration from the Supreme Court.

Our solicitors have extensive experience in estate administration, for more information please contact us to arrange a consultation.

Estate Disputes and Litigation


Where there is disagreement among family members, executors or beneficiaries in an estate we can assist you in resolving that dispute. Our solicitors can provide you with expert advice in relation to will disputes, contested estates, family provision claims and other estate disagreements and challenges.

Please contact us to speak to our experienced Solicitors and we can detail for you what procedures and approaches are available.

bottom of page